Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Fairleigh Dickinson University
Founding Executive Dean
Madison, NJ, Morris County, NJ 07940 United States
Commensurate with experience.
Academic - All
Academic - Dean
The Founding Executive Dean for the Becton College School of Pharmacy will serve as the chief officer of the School of Pharmacy and will lead the planning, establishment, and implementation of the pharmacy program, including curricular, personnel, and facilities. The Founding Dean will lead the integration of the program into the local, regional and national health care community. The primary focus of the incumbent will be to build and expand relationships with the external pharmacy community to oversee the growth and expansion of the program into a presence within the world of pharmacy. The Founding Executive Dean will be responsible for the School's programmatic leadership and financial management. In keeping with the University's mission, the Dean will work through various constituencies to foster global relations for the program as well as serve as an advocate for the profession with political, public health, and government leaders. This position reports to the Dean, Becton College of Arts and Science, and the University Provost/Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs. The incumbent will receive academic rank as appropriate.
Education, training, experience:
1. Pharm. D. or Ph. D. in a related field preferred.
2. Leadership experience in the field of pharmacy.
3. Significant experience at an academic institution.
4. Experience with the ACPE and accreditation process.
5. Proven record of developing effective working relationships with external constituents, especially the pharmacy community, academic institutions, and the philanthropic community.
6. Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.
7. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
Fairleigh Dickinson University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to a diverse workforce M/F/D/V.
Terms & Conditions