Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
St. John Fisher College
Chair Department of Pharmacy Practice and Administration
Rochester, NY 14618 United States
Academic - All
Academic - Chair
Academic - Department Head
The St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Pharmacy invites applications and nominations for the full-time, 12-month position of Chair of the Department of Pharmacy Practice and Administration. The Chair will provide leadership and management for all of the department’s strategic initiatives and operations.
- Provide oversight and support for the department’s didactic and experiential curriculum, including course development, mentoring of course coordinators, assessment, workload assignments, and other activities related to the curriculum;
- Provide leadership and management for all of the department’s Strategic initiatives and operations;
- Develop the annual department’s budget request and salary adjustments for faculty and staff;
- Develop clinical, teaching, and service partnerships with health care organizations and providers in the area;
- Recruit, interview, and hire faculty members in pharmacy practice and administration according to the needs of the program;
- The Chair will also engage in teaching and scholarship in areas of expertise and interest.
Successful candidates will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated leadership and management ability, a collaborative working philosophy, and a strong desire to develop and maximize faculty members’ capabilities in their pursuit of teaching and scholarship excellence.
Education, training, experience:
Candidates from any pharmacy practice or pharmacy administration discipline will be considered. Qualified applicants will hold a Doctor of Pharmacy, Ph.D. in Pharmacy Administration, or other terminal degree; and should be eligible for licensure in the state of New York. Candidates should have a record of academic teaching, scholarship, and service which will qualify for the rank of Associate Professor or higher. Academic rank and salary will be commensurate with experience.
Terms & Conditions