Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Pharmacy
Vice-Chair, Department of Pharmacy Practice and Administration
Rochester, NY 14618 United States
Commensurate with experience
Academic - All
Academic - Chair
Academic - Clinical Professor
Academic - Department Head
Academic - Division Head
Academic – Professor – Assistant/Associate/Full
The St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Pharmacy invites applications and nominations for the full-time, 12-month position of Vice Chair of the Department of Pharmacy Practice and Administration. The Vice-Chair will report directly to the Chair; together, they will work to provide leadership and management for all of the department’s strategic initiatives and operations.
The Vice-Chair, working in collaboration with the Chair, faculty, and administration, will be specifically responsible for the following:
- Creating and implementing a sustained faculty development program which will advance our faculty’s capabilities in both teaching and scholarship;
- Assist the faculty in taking advantage of opportunities for scholarship and in creating scholarly collaborations;
- Enhancing and strengthening the department’s and school’s faculty mentoring program;
- Serve on the school’s Professional Development Committee;
- Provide oversight and support for the department’s didactic curriculum, including course development, mentoring of course coordinators, assessment, workload assignments, and other activities related to the didactic curriculum;
- In collaboration with the Chair, work to fulfill the department’s strategic initiatives to create residencies or continuing education programs, depending upon interest and expertise;
- In collaboration with the Chair, develop the department’s budget and faculty recognition programs;
- Carry out regular chair functions in the absence of the Chair.
The Vice-Chair will also engage in teaching and scholarship in areas of expertise and interest.
St. John Fisher College is a liberal arts-based institution located just outside of Rochester, New York. The School of Pharmacy is housed in a new building with state-of-the-art instructional facilities. Its faculty are committed to excellence in teaching and creating a student-centered learning environment. The mission of both the College and School is to prepare students for lives of intellectual, professional, and civic integrity. SJFC is committed to faculty and student diversity and encourages people of all cultural backgrounds to apply. Please visit our web site at www.sjfc.edu.
Located on the shores of Lake Ontario and close to the Finger Lakes region, Rochester is the third-largest metropolitan area in New York State. Rochester is a large city that feels like a small town, and is home to many innovative businesses, nationally recognized medical centers, and top universities. Please visit www.rochestermadeforliving.com or www.visitrochester.com for more information about the Rochester area.
Education, training, experience:
Candidates from any pharmacy practice or pharmacy administration discipline will be considered. Qualified applicants will hold a Doctor of Pharmacy, Ph.D. in Pharmacy Administration, or other terminal degree; and should be eligible for licensure in the state of New York. Candidates should have a record of academic teaching, scholarship, and service which will qualify for the rank of Associate Professor or higher. A prior record of scholarly activity is required; a record of externally funded scholarship is an asset. Academic rank and salary will be commensurate with experience.
Successful candidates will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated leadership and management ability, a collaborative working philosophy, and a strong desire to develop and maximize faculty members’ capabilities in their pursuit of teaching and scholarship excellence.
Terms & Conditions